Mentoring and Professional Development
…create and build strong relationships which have integrity and longevity
Investing in your own professional development, and that of your staff, is one of the most important aspects of running a successful organisation. This takes a variety of forms including professional training, coaching, acquiring formal qualifications, job shadowing, personal development and so on.
I have broad experience of working on a 1-2-1 basis with middle and senior managers as a mentor to support professional and personal development, and increase their impact and effectiveness in the workplace.
This includes helping people to:
- Establish professional and personal development needs
- Identify their strengths and build upon these
- Evaluate their career development
- Understand how to build effective business relationships
- Identify interests and values
- Manage conflict
- Build networks and communicate effectively
Stuart’s relationship management skills were particularly valuable and ensured we were able to maintain an effective dialogue with everyone involved, in particular managing expectations and timetables leading to a very positive end result.Mark Lumsdon-Taylor
Director of Finance and Resources, Hadlow College.